This was one of the more thought provoking reads I've had ini a while. It made me think about the many philosophical implications that are prevalent in most futuristic totalitarian societies that are in books and media in a way I've not thought of before. In Brave New World, the society takes on a very sexually active and more liberal and free way of life compared to most other literature of this type but in a way so that Freudian logic and Fordian mass production methods has the people having no social attachments whatsoever and keeps them pacified and easy to control by the ruling upper class.
John's character in the story is that of a complete contrast to everything in society. He therefore has two options, spread his thoughts and ideas so he wont be alone, or be consumed by society and let his moralities either accept it and he'll live or reject it and die. His death shows me a more Darwinistic ending to the novel that I picked up on in throughout the novel.
No comments:
Post a Comment